Have your recipes been getting redundant – are you tired of cooking/eating the same things over and over again? Are you ready to get back on track after coming out of ISO? WE KNOW WE ARE!
Luckily, our girl Micky Parker has our back (and our taste buds). In case you didn’t know, Micky has created a whole e-book filled with delicious, macro-friendly recipes that are TO DIE FOR. Micky has created these meals with options for everyone – she has even included vegetarian and gluten free options! This recipe book offers so much variety and has you covered for brekky, lunch, dinner and snacks.
One of our all-time favourite recipes to make is Micky’s Protein Pancakes. This meal is packed with protein, is bursting with flavour and is SO easy to make. Whether you’re new in the kitchen or you consider yourself a master chef, new recipes like this one are always fun and exciting. We think the Republic Fam will love this meal just as much as us - give it a try and let us know what you think!
MICKY’S PROTEIN PANCAKES RECIPE
Cals: 413, Protein: 35G, Fat: 9G, Carbs: 47G, Fibre: 8G
- 50g Oats or Flour (I use Bob’s Red Mill GF Rolled Oats)
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Serve Protein (17.5g) (I use BSC Hydroxy Burn Vanilla, Salted Caramel or Chocolate)
- Splash of Water
- Desired Toppings
- 35mls Sugar Free Maple Syrup (or you can use honey)
- 70g Passionfruit Chobani Yoghurt
- 30g Blueberries
- 40g Strawberries
- Add oats (or Flour), egg, protein and a splash of water to a blender cup.
- Check consistency after blending and add a little more water if needed. A thicker pancake batter will make smaller, thicker pancakes. A thinner pancake batter will make larger, thinner pancakes (my preference!)
- Heat a non-stick frying pan and pour about a third of the batter into the pan, ensuring the batter is distributed evenly into the desired size of the pancake.
- Wait until you begin to see bubbles forming all over and then flip. Remove from pan and place on a plate.
- Repeat for the remaining batter.
- Top with desired toppings, macros above reflect the toppings listed in ingredients.
PRO-TIP: Microwave fresh Blueberries in a separate container for 30 secs before pouring onto pancakes for a calorie friendly “berry coulis” !
PIMP YOUR PANCAKES
Choose your toppings specifically, need more protein? Use a full serve of Protein Powder, more egg whites OR add extra Chobani! Track your toppings BEFORE putting them on your pancakes to figure out the exact amount of grams you need to add. If you are needing to omit some fats, you could also try switching up the egg for just egg whites in the batter mix.