HOW TO INCREASE YOUR SQUAT STRENGTH.
By Lauren Simpson WBFF PRO
Read below & comment any questions you have!
1. Squat! The more you squat the quicker you’ll improve. Aim for a minimum 2x per week if you are serious about increasing your numbers.
2. Incorporate squat variations – front squat, low back/high bar, box squats.
3. Vary rep schemes – include strength based rep ranges as well as and hypertrophy. Strength (3-5) & hypertrophy (8-15). 4. Vary tempos – try paused squats, slow eccentric phase, 1 + 1/4 reps.
5. Form over weight. Ensure your technique is perfected before adding weight.
6. You don’t need to hit 1RM every session! It puts to much stress on your body! Sub maximal training is better for longer term strength gains.
7. When the bar is on your back keep everything tight!!! Squeeze your core, tighten upper back, push your knees out.
8. Your knees should not cave in! If they do, work on strengthening the muscles around your knee. Unilateral work is great, like front or back foot elevated split squats, step ups, one leg deadlifts etc.
9. Preactivate your glutes with banded exercises to warm up – crab walks, seated abductors, kickbacks, pulse squats.
10. Eat a good pre workout meal! Carb based – to maximise energy. I like @ehplabs isopept chocolate PB protein oats!
11. Rest! Heavy lifting takes a toll on your body so rest days are even more important or you will plateau. Eat & sleep!
12. Improve mobility & flexibility! Use a foam roller before your session and each night. Pay attention to hip flexors, legs, glutes and back.
13. Look into getting some weightlifting shoes, belt, knee support etc. My shoes are Adidas Adipower.
Use Lauren’s code at check out for 15% OFF storewide! ‘lauren15’