Cookie Dough Protein Scrolls (GF) Recipe
Okay we actually cannot get over these sweet, yet macro conscious recipes by @betterbeingsteph. We were so blown away by her chocolate protein custard recipe that we asked if she could give us another one of her fan faves.
This Cookie Dough Protein Scroll recipe is 🤌🤌🤌
Give it a go and let us know what you think 😋
Ingredients for the dough:
200g self-raising flour or GF flour of choice
180g vanilla Greek yoghurt or non-dairy yoghurt of choice
1 tsp instant yeast or vinegar
60g vanilla or caramel protein powder
60-100ml almond milk or water (add as much as needed to thin out the protein)
20g natural sweetener e.g. Natvia
1 x Cookie Dough Protein Bar (I used our Better Being Bar)
40g chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 180°C fan forced.
2. To a large mixing bowl, add all ingredients for the dough, and stir well to combine.
3. Using your hands, begin to mould the mixture into a dough.
4. Roll dough flat with a rolling pin until it’s roughly 1cm thick.
6. To make the filling: mix together protein powder, milk/water and sweetener until it forms a paste. Spread this evenly across the dough before shrinking with the crumbled protein bar and choc chips.
7. Pinch the edge of the dough closest to you and begin rolling into a log. Place log in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to chill and get firm.
8. Cut the log into 6 scrolls and place on a lined baking tray to bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until the chocolate is melted and the edges of the scroll are crispy/golden brown.
9. Serve immediately, or allow to cool before storing in an airtight container in the fridge. Can be reheated.
NOTE: you can use whatever fillings you prefer - cinnamon, peanut butter, Nutella etc! You can also make these savoury by using cheese and veggies as fillings to make pizza scrolls.
THE MACROS (PER SCROLL)
Based on fillings I used: 219 calories | 31g carbs | 17g protein | 4g fat